Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a question below to view it's answer!
- What is included in the lot rental fee?
- Do you have rentals?
- What if I dont have the best of credit?
- How much do I need for a down payment?
- Are children allowed?
- What about pets?
- What does it mean that Liberty Landing is a Cooperative?
- Why is living here better than an apartment?
- How much should I budget for utilities in the home?
Liberty Landing is an resident owned community. However, purchasing a home in Liberty Landing will allow you the pride and privileges of home ownership for a cost comparable to a rental.
Financing for manufactured homes works a little differently than a standard mortgage so don't rule yourself out. There are several places where you can apply online for loan pre-approval for your dream mobile home. We are aware of 21st Mortgage, MountainSideFinancial.com, ChattelMortgage.net, CreditHuman.com and FinancialServicesUnlimited.com, although you might find others.
Usually lenders require between 10-25% down but it will be up to each financial institution.
Of course-! We are an all-ages community. Kids love our playground and swimming pool. We are in the AAA-rated Liberty School District.
We are pet-friendly. You may have up to four animals.
Our Bylaws and Community rules require that all residents pass a criminal background check and maintain their homes to ensure a safe and beautiful community for all residents. All incoming residents will be required to join membership and purchase a share in the Cooperative at the cost of $350.
- It's YOUR home. You own it. You can plant a garden, paint the walls, decorate the kitchen, and celebrate having a home that belongs to you.
- You're building EQUITY. With apartment living, you'll never get back one cent in the rent you paid. In a Liberty Landing home, you're making an investment.
- You're NOT SHARING WALLS with your neighbors. Even though we screen every applicant that wants to move into Liberty Landing, we still think all four walls should be yours.
- There's more PRIVACY. You won't be stacked on top of your neighbor and listening to footsteps on the ceiling above your bed.
- You can have a STORAGE SHED on your home site, just a few steps from your front door.
- A manufactured home is all on ONE FLOOR. You don't have to climb up three stories to get to your apartment. Homeowners with small children, wheelchairs and walkers LOVE our homes.
- NO BASEMENTS to flood.
- NO SCHLEPPING LAUNDRY up and down to the cellar, either. Liberty Landing homes have utility rooms located on the same level with all your other living space.
- Liberty Landing is RESIDENT OWNED and operated. We care about our residents because we're here. We have on-site management available 24 hours a day and beautifully maintained parks, playgrounds, a storm shelter and community room.
- The SUN SHINES more brightly and BIRDS SING more sweetly in a manufactured home community -seriously! You have your own yard, flowers, bushes and trees to look at every day. Who can say that about an apartment?
Water, trash and sewer are provided through the City of Liberty and can average between $80 and $100 per month. Electric and gas through Evergy and Spire together average $175 to $200 per month, depending on the size of the house and age of the system.
If you have a question that isn't listed here, feel free to contact us!